Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Break Off

They tell you what they feel is right;
they tell you all sorta lies;
knowing that you'll take their advice;
 never seeing the light.

But then you break loose from their hold;
find your path
and locate your foothold.
Then, they say you've changed
and have grown apart.

Apart means different
and different means your own person.
"Your own person" is not "their own person".

And so the separation begins,
the gap gets wider,
the calls get briefer
the play-dates now fewer
until finally, you're no more together
and your friendship, now asunder.


Hi, so I was meditating and then this popped into my head. I decided to write it down and share with you guys. I'm no poet, but, sometimes I try. Any comments, advices or corrections are all welcomed. Thank you.
Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment