Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Self Confidence - Appearance

Self confidence, according to Merriam Webster's Free Online Dictionary, is confidence in one's self, powers , and abilities. It is extremely important that a person be certain about his or herself. When you know who you are, no one can tell you otherwise.
  Researcher's have proven that a major way to boost your self confidence is by dressing well. In other words, appearance can make or break your self confidence.
  I remember a meeeting I once had, the meeting was a surprise and was also urgent so I barely had time to fuss about how I looked. I picked up clothes from my closet and dashed out of the house without bothering to check what I was wearing properly. Halfway to the meeting venue, I discovered that my top had a hole in it. I was devastated and alarmed but there was no time for me to return home and change. Luckily, I always keep a scarf in my bag. I brought out the scarf and strategically placed it in a way that would cover the hole. Through out the meeting, I was distracted and had little or no confidence. I kept feeling like my scarf would fall out of place and the hole in my cloth would show, and so I fidgeted. This brought down my confidence level and by the time the meeting finished I was relieved and also sad. I was sad because I was certain I hadn't handled that meeting like my usual self. Fortunately, I had managed to snag a second-chance-meeting.
You are more confident in yourself when you are certian you look good. Knowing that you look attractive and pleasant instantly makes you feel better about yourself and conduct yourself with more grace.
As important as appearance is to self confidence, it's also important that you do not forget that it is only a part of self confidence and that what really matters is what's on the inside of you.

Have fun and make more effort to look good.
Adedoyin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment